In our school we have Learning Mentors.
- To develop children’s awareness of socially acceptable behaviour.
- To reduce exclusions to zero.
- To assess risk factors of children.
- To minimise behavioural problems in classrooms.
- To minimise behavioural problems during playtime.
- To help manage incidents of bullying.
The role of the Learning Mentor
- To raise children’s self esteem.
- To act as a mentor to individual identified or vulnerable children with a variety of problems.
- To support children who have been removed from the classroom or playground.
- To support children with their academic work.
- To provide a homework club.
- To organise social skill groups.
Key Stage 2 children can use the classroom ‘Worry Box’ if they would like to speak privately to a Learning Mentor.
Learning Mentor Team
- Mrs Liz Park
- Mrs Jane Tonkins
If you have any concerns about your child, or would like your child to have some time with a Learning Mentor, please make an appointment to see us.